Hall Green Railway Station

 

The Birmingham to Stratford railway line was constructed in 1907 with Hall Green station being built the following year in 1908.  The line, now operated by London and Midland still serves local commuters to this day.

 

The station buildings are largely late Victorian in style and the original metal footbridge is currently undergoing refurbishment (2014).

 

There was originally a coal yard and a number of merchants located behind the station buildings which have since been replaced by a car park.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next Article...

Hall Green Railway Station, Hall Green Local History Society, Birmingham UK
Hall Green Railway Station, Hall Green Local History Society, Birmingham UK
Hall Green Railway Station, Hall Green Local History Society, Birmingham UK

© 2015-17 Hall Green Local History Society - all rights reserved  |  For all enquiries please contact the Secretary on 0121 777 2276  |  Site build by MiW

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy