The Bulls Head

The Bulls Head was first erected in Georgian times on the main road south from the City and is one of the oldest buildings still standing in the area...

 

Click here to read the article...

Church of the Ascension

Originally known as the Job Marston Chapel, the church stands on the corner of School Road and Fox Hollies Road and was built in 1704 and designed by Sir William Wilson...

 

Click here to read the article...

Hall Green Railway Station

The railway first came to Hall Green in 1907 with the station being built the year after...

 

Click here to read the article...

Sarehole Mill, Hall Green Local History Society, Birmingham UK

Articles

The Bulls Head, Hall Green Local History Society, Birmingham UK
Hall Green Station, Hall Green Local History Society, Birmingham UK

Sarehole Mill

The only working water mill in Birmingham and JRR Tolkien's inspiration for 'the Hobbit' and 'the Lord of The Rings', there has been a mill on this site since c. 1542...

 

Click here to read the article...

The Church of the Ascension, Hall Green Local History Society, Birmingham UK
Hall Green Greyhound Stadium, Hall Green Local History Society, Birmingham UK

Hall Green Greyhound Stadium

Greyhound racing came to Hall Green in 1927...

 

Click here to read the article...

© 2015-17 Hall Green Local History Society - all rights reserved  |  For all enquiries please contact the Secretary on 0121 777 2276  |  Site build by MiW

Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy